2016 Beijing Energy and Sustainability Week
Beijing, 16- 19 July 2016
The Beijing Energy and Sustainability Week (BEW) is an annual summer workshop, which is committed to bringing together leaders around the world to network and debate the energy and sustainable development agenda.
BEW engages academic, political, business and other leaders of society to help shaping global and regional agendas for energy and sustainable development. It also offers young students and professionals a unique opportunity to learn energy and sustainable development and build up networks in a global context from renowned faculty, global policy makers, international consultants and business leaders.
BEW was established in 2015 as a not-for-profit initiative by world elite faculties and students from top universities. It is independent, innovative, impartial and not tied to special interests. BEW strives in all its efforts to demonstrate leadership and entrepreneurship in global sustainable development interest and develops as an effective platform to connect young leaders across the world to solve the most complex yet crucial problems.
The first BEW was held from June 28th to July 5th, 2015. Students, academics, policymakers and businessmen from around the world worked together to build a platform for increasing international cooperation in global sustainable development. The Second Annual Beijing Energy Week has been successfully held from July 16 to 20, 2016 in its birth city –Beijing.
The highlights of Beijing Energy Week are stated as below:
● The event is by invitation only.
● BEW will bring together around 25 students and energy leaders from around the world and more than 10 speakers, both from China and abroad.
● Participants will be exposed to lectures, class debates, field-trips, meetings with entrepreneurs, presentations by young leaders that graduated from top schools and social events.
● Every day, energy leaders with different cultural backgrounds will present their personal experiences, vision and goals.
● It will be held at top universities in Beijing and ivy-league universities’ Beijing centers.
● It is a unique opportunity for foreign participants to know China and for brilliant students from China to learn and network.